Boys & Girls Club of Stamford/Yerwood Clubhouse
90 Fairfield Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902
Phone: (203) 595-5664
Hours: By appointment
Services: Free new and quality used clothing for low-income or in-crisis school age children in Fairfield County
Families must meet the following criteria to shop at Clothes to Kids of Fairfield County:
- The family must live in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- The children must be enrolled in a Fairfield County school, in grades K-12 or working toward earning their General Equivalency Degree (GED). **We do not serve children who are not yet in kindergarten -or- who are younger than 4-years-old, even if they are attending daycare or Headstart.
- The family must be considered in financial need of assistance, such as:
- Receiving free or reduced lunch at school.
- Receiving services from a social service agency, school or counseling center.
- In crisis due to natural disaster, poverty, homelessness or displacement.
- One of the following documents is required as a referral to shop at the CTKF Store:
- An official notification letter showing eligibility for free and reduced-price lunch through Fairfield County Schools (for the current school year) …or…
- A letter of referral from an approved community advocate, such as: a social worker or case manager employed at a local social service agency; a teacher, administrator, guidance counselor or social worker at a school; a pediatrician or family doctor; or a leader from a place of worship.
240 Fairfield Ave
Bridgeport, CT 06603
Phone: (203) 333-6505
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM-3 PM
Services: One-on-one personal shopping to provide women interview-appropriate outfitting and, once employed, a week’s worth of business attire including shoes, handbags, jewelry, etc.
Eligibility: Referral from one of over 130 referral sources (including Inspirica) when landing an interview or entering an internship or training.
Hours: Monday-Saturday: 9 AM–9 PM, Sunday: 10 AM–7 PM.
587 Elm Street, Stamford, CT
Phone: (203) 327-8240
Hours: Monday-Saturday: 9 AM–9 PM, Sunday: 10 AM – 7 PM
Services: Low cost clothing, housewares, and shoes. During the week, all items of the color-of-the-week tag are 50% off the posted price. Seniors 60 or over receive 10% of total purchase on Wednesdays.
248 E. Putnam Ave
Greenwich, CT 06830
Phone: (203) 622-9208
Hours: By appointment Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM-12:30 PM; Thursday: 3:30-5:30 PM
Services: Free new and gently used in-season clothing available every other month to approved clients
Eligibility: All clients must be referred by an approved Referring Agency. Prior to making a referral, a Referring Agency is asked to determine a family’s eligibility to receive assistance by verifying their income and town of residence. Visit http://www.ntngreenwich.org/need-help/ for the referral form (English and Spanish). Approved Referring Agencies include:
- Stamford or Port Chester Family Centers (schools, RITE program, Health Center)
- Houses of worship may make referrals to our Clothing Room
- State social service agencies, Housing Authorities & WIC
- Greenwich Department of Human Services
- Greenwich, Stamford & Port Chester Public Schools
- Head Start preschool programs
- CCI, Greenwich
- Boys & Girls Club, Greenwich
- Building One Community
- Person to Person
1864 Post Rd
Darien, CT 06820
Phone: (203) 655-0048
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 AM-4 PM; Thursday: 9 AM-6PM (closed Thursday evenings in July and August); Saturday: 9 AM-12 NOON (closed Saturdays in August)
Services: Low-cost or subsidized clothing; may provide emergency financial assistance for basic needs
Eligibility: By appointment only for residents of Stamford Norwalk, Darien, New Canaan, Westport, Wilton and Weston; ask to speak with a caseworker
198 Selleck St
Stamford, CT 06902
Phone: (203) 359-2320
Hours: Monday-Friday: 10 AM-3 PM
Services: General Clothing Provision