Income Tax Resources

2023 Tax Resources


2023 Tax Resources

The Ferguson Library has income tax forms available on the second floor of the Main Library and tax assistance available at the Harry Bennett Branch on Mondays and Wednesdays. Call 203 351-8291 for information on schedule.

Federal Tax Forms

Federal Tax Forms & Instructions

State of Connecticut 

Connecticut Tax Forms & Instructions

Connecticut Nonresident & Part-Year Resident

Online Tax Assistance with SimplifyCT

SimplifyCT’s free tax preparation services are part of the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. With 90 certified volunteers, we are ready to help you file your taxes and get the benefits you are entitled to.

For more information about this program, please check the website here:

Online filing begins January 23, 2023


Trained volunteers at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites offer free tax filing assistance from mid-January through mid-April. Dates and times vary by site. Tax preparation assistance is available for people with annual incomes at or below $60,000, regardless of household size. Anyone, regardless of age, can use a VITA site for assistance. VITA volunteers help taxpayers prepare basic federal and Connecticut state tax forms, but do not assist with out-of-state tax forms. 

For more information and resources on Tax Help visit website

Documents Needed for VITA Tax Preparation

  1. Photo ID for you and/or spouse if filing jointly
  2. Social Security Cards or ITIN Letters for every member of your family (if you do not have a card for every member of your family – you must contact the Social Security Administration to replace card prior to having taxes prepared)
  3. W-2s and/or 1099’s from ALL of your jobs worked last year.
  4. 1099-NEC (non-employee compensation) – required to complete an accurate tax return – shows taxpayer is considered self-employed
  5. Health Insurance Documents – If you signed-up for health insurance through the CT Marketplace, you must bring all tax documents that you receive from the Marketplace (if you received form 1095A it is REQUIRED to complete your tax return) – forms 1095A, B or C
  6. Unemployment Compensation - form 1099G. This form will not be mailed, taxpayers must get from CT Department of Labor themselves ( (800-956-3294) 
  7. If self-employed, any related business expenses. Expenses must not exceed $35,000
  8. Interest/Dividend statements from your financial institutions (if applicable)-forms #1099 INT, 1099DIV
  9. Tuition and student loan information (if applicable) form 1098T or 1098E 
  10. Documentation from your daycare provider (their SSN or EIN) if you paid for childcare last year. 
  11. If you own a home, your annual mortgage information.
  12. If you itemized your return last year, your state of CT refund information (last year’s tax return)
  13. A record of any taxes paid to the town (property taxes, automobile, etc.)
  14. Records of any charitable donations that you made (monetary or other)
  15. Any other income information or IRS notices that you received. If filing a prior year tax return please include Child Tax Credit letter and Stimulus Money letter, or know exact amounts received for each. 
  16. Copy of your last two years’ tax returns. 
  17. NOTE: If you would like to direct deposit, please bring a voided check from your checking account or the account and routing number for your savings account (this will significantly reduce the refund time period).