Code of Conduct
Thank you for following these guidelines to ensure a safe, comfortable environment for our visitors and staff.
Unacceptable behavior includes behavior that interferes with the use of the Library by other patrons, creates a risk of injury to visitors or staff, interferes with the work of library staff or creates a risk of damage to library property. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Loud cell phone conversations. Phone conversations are allowed only in designated areas.
- Smoking or vaping within 25 feet of the building.
- Damaging, defacing or theft of library property or materials.
- Eating or drinking near library computers.
- Disruptive or abusive behavior or language.
- Possession of weapons of any kind.
- Sale or use of drugs.
- Possession or use of alcohol, except at authorized library functions.
- Bathing in restrooms.
- Improper use of library computers. Please use computers in a manner consistent with The Ferguson Library Internet Use agreement.
- Soliciting in or around the building.
- Unaccompanied children. Children under age 8 must be accompanied by parent or other responsible caregiver over age 12. See our policy on Behavior and Supervision of Children.
- Any conduct which interferes with the ability of others to use the Library.
Violation of these rules may result in suspension of your library privileges.