3-D printers are being used for educational, workshop and programming purposes to make three-dimensional objects using a design uploaded from a digital computer file. The Library’s 3-D printers may be used by the public subject to the following conditions:
- Use of a 3-D printer is limited to Ferguson Library library cardholders who are 8 years of age or older. Users under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Prior to his or her initial use of a 3-D printer, an individual must submit to prescribed orientation by a library staff member or volunteer.
- Users of the 3-D printer are responsible for their own safety and must sign a Waiver of Liability in favor of the Library before their first use of the printer. A copy of the Waiver of Liability form is attached to this Policy.
- Print sessions are generally limited to 2 hours. Users can request extended usage under special circumstances. Decisions regarding such requests are at the sole discretion of staff.
- At present, there is no charge for use of the 3-D printer.
- The Library’s 3-D printers may be used only for lawful purposes. Users are not permitted to use the printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others or that is otherwise inappropriate for a library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights
- The library reserves the right to refuse any request to use the 3-D printers.
- It is the responsibility of users to remove or delete any of their files from Library equipment. The Library is not responsible for equipment or files left behind.
- The library is not responsible for the loss of data or information, nor for liability that occurs as a result of the use of its 3-D printers.
- Users are responsible for any equipment that is damaged due to their negligence and will be subject to charges for the cost to repair or replace it.
Use of a 3D Printer does require a completing the 3D Printer User Waiver and Agreement. See the attached document to print this out. Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com.