Part Time Custodian(s) (Maximum 20 hours per week)
SALARY STEP RANGE: $ 23.38 - 25.84
CLASSIFICATION RANGE: 2
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of public and staff areas in the library by dusting surfaces and bookshelves, cleaning desks, tables, counters, walls, glass and mirror surfaces, and upholstery.
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of all flooring and carpeting, including sweeping, vacuuming, spot cleaning, and washing and waxing floors, as needed or scheduled by supervisor.
- Empties trash receptacles in and around assigned buildings.
- Maintains clean and sanitary conditions, and stocks supplies, in all restrooms.
- When necessary, clears snow and ice from paths, stairs, and portico and branches Distributes sand and ice melt.
- Performs carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs of a minor or routine nature.
- Monitors condition of building, performance of equipment, and alerts supervisor about maintenance needs and problems.
- Setting up Library facilities for all programs. (day and evening).
- Maintains confidentiality in regard to activities/situations and individuals encountered while completing work assignments.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff, other departments, and the general public.
- Maintains familiarity with, and executes, safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Some knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work.
- Some knowledge of general building repair and facility maintenance practices.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Physical ability and stamina to perform required work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other departments, and the general public.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator license.